Monday, September 19, 2011

Don't Get Mad...Get Even



New week. New adventures. 

Giving up the Dream was uploaded to Smashwords on September 14 and now has 99 downloads.  Don’t Get Mad…Get Even has had 7 takers. I’m  happy that the single story and story collection are up today, September 19, 2011, as scheduled. 



I need help getting the word out, so I’m gonna offer you a copy of the story collection in exchange for your assistance in one of three ways.  Choose the option that suits you best. 

Option 1: My next story collection (oh, yeah, I always have something up my sleeve) will be called Kicked to the Kerb (curb to Americans) and I’m looking for story ideas. So with that in mind, I’m asking you to let your creative juices flow for a minute.  

You’ve been cheated in some way, or cheated on, or perhaps you’ve been kicked to the curb and think you deserve better. By way of a comment, give me your most interesting scenario as to why you got kicked to the curb or why you dished it out to someone and I’ll email you the code for a copy of Don’t Get Mad…Get Even.  There’s no rush and if you like this kind of challenge, you can come back when you think of something. 

Option 2: If you have no brilliant scenario, but still would like to read the book, let me know in the comments or via email.  A review is all I ask in return. 

Option 3:  Post the book cover on your blog in exchange for a post, interview or whatever you want to talk about here on the Character Depot. I’m also open to critiquing the first three chapters of your book if that works better for you. 

Most importantly, I would be ever so grateful if you’d post a review on Smashwords or Amazon (if and when the book makes its way there) after you’ve read the stories. In the meantime, feel free to tweet this post.  (Note to those self-publishing – do separate uploads to Smashwords and Amazon)

And now for a bit about Don’t Get Mad…Get Even

What choices do you have when you are abused, cheated on and left with a trail of broken promises? Don’t Get Mad…Get Even. Take an inside look at Jamaican culture and lifestyle through a collection of award-winning stories. You will laugh, cry and commiserate with a compelling cast of characters, who conquer their challenges in unique ways. 
Housekeeping Time

In the back of Don’t Get Mad…Get Even, you’ll find a glossary of Jamaican terms for anything that might sound unfamiliar. I’ve also included three chapters from my next novel Distraction...more on that some time later.  

Many thanks to the innovative and super talented Tirzah Goodwin who did my cover, Jeanne Bannon, a superb critique partner, whose arm I twisted to read Giving up the Dream before I was satisfied with it, and Clarissa Draper, a wonderful blogger and writer who didn’t make me grovel, but agreed to read my stories with only some gentle persuasion.  Kidding aside, these ladies and I have a history as we’re members of the same writing network. They’re good people. Visit their blogs. 

Michelle and Wendy cheered me on and are super accommodating and flexible with helping me showcase my work. Ladies, you all rock! 

And so do you. Yes, you, the blogger who has visited and provided encouragement and support while I navigate these new, but exciting waters. 
So what are you waiting for? Hit me with your ideas.
Source

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit. Your books sound interesting. Life in Jamaica must be very different to anything I am used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, things are quite different here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading these, J.L. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was into it at first but then, you lost me on some of the shorts.

    I need clarity on the first two stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what exactly you need to know, so I hope the explanation helps. The first (A Push in the Right Direction) is one in which a woman seizes an opportunity to get rid of her abusive husband. In the second, (Conditional Surrender) that woman takes her revenge in an unconventional way.

      People get confused by Distraction, which is in the back of the book and is an excerpt from a novel.

      Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena