Sunday, August 26, 2012

Book Review - The Ultimate Merger


STORYLINE:  Disappointed by being passed over on a project, Sabrina goes out after work to drown her sorrows. At the bar, she meets a Brazilian businessman, who’s visiting the city to acquire a hotel property. Their liaison begins there and is the start of a satisfying month-long relationship. Things go smoothly, but there are complications in Sabrina’s life that she’s not willing to talk about until they threaten to spoil her prospects for the future.

PLAYERS: 
Sabrina is ambitious and focused on working her way to the top of the corporate ladder.

Renaldo is good-looking, sexy, bold and knows what he wants.

I LIKED: Renaldo’s boldness and wit, plus the fact that he goes after Sabrina once he knows he wants her.

I COULD HAVE LIVED WITHOUT: Sabrina’s handling of the situation she felt would have come between Reynaldo and her. As so many of us do, Sabrina prefers to keep her business to herself, instead of sharing the problem.

COVER NOTE: The cover is what I’d expect of a romance story – an attractive couple who look like they’re into each other.

OVERALL COMMENTS: I like the fact that these characters cut right to the chase and that the writer includes a problematic situation that doesn’t seem contrived. The story left me wanting to read the novel in which Sabrina and Renaldo’s story continues—Second Chances.

SOURCE: I downloaded The Ultimate Merger from Amazon.

6 comments:

  1. Go girl! Better to neglect your blog because your are writing your novels than not. Congrats and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review.:) I've had this book in my Kindle for a while, I seriously need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in. I enjoyed this one. Short and sweet.

      Delete

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena