Saturday, July 18, 2015

One Delicate Night by Joy Avery

Joy Avery's One Delicate Night provided a great reading experience. Let's say I've never understood the concept of a one-night stand, but I set out on an adventure with the female lead, Kassidy Monroe, who was after just one delicate night, as she put it.

Kassidy came away from her scorching-hot encounter with less-than-delicate thoughts of Jaxon Prescott on her mind. After they met again, the couple made a serious connection in a short time, but I've reminded myself that people have met and fallen in love with their soul mates in no time. Plus, this story is not the usual 60K fare, but its smaller sister.

What I enjoyed most about this novella is that the writer told a complete tale, with some interesting back story thrown in to explain why the characters are the people the reader meets. It's not easy to do that with a limited word count, but this writer did it competently.


I enjoyed Ms. Avery's writing style and have no doubt I'll read her other books. Loved the cover on this book!

One Delicate Night on Amazon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena