Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Packed & Ready to Go



Packed And Ready To Go is a story some women may be able to relate to, from one side of the fence or the other. It details the lives of Tracy and Walter, a couple in their forties whose lives carry the veneer of success. Beneath that lies mental abuse heaped on the wife and downright foolishness on the husband's part.

The story gives an up-close-and-personal look into the thought processes of a woman who knows her marriage is in serious danger, but can't summon the will do to anything about it. She finally makes a move only when forced to, but redeems herself way too late, in my opinion.

By way of overbearing men, Walter stands head and shoulders above most I've met in fiction. At the end, I don't believe he got a third of what should have come to him.

The story kept me engaged and teed off and wanting to slap both husband and wife senseless. This is probably the one time I'll feel justified in saying the other woman did the wife a favour. Tracy deserved so much more than the sleazy, worthless man she married. If I have anything negative to say about Packed & Ready To Go, it's that Tracy needed to grow a backbone much earlier in the novel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena