Saturday, March 14, 2015

Catch Me If You Can



I was privileged to read Catch Me If You Can before publication and just finished reading it again yesterday. Let me just say, Christina C Jones is big on talent and imagination. I'm more than impressed with this, her first foray into the romantic suspense genre

In Marcus and Christina, she has created realistic characters that I wanted to shake a time or two, especially Miss Naomi, who is single-minded and wrapped up in her mantra of 'Diligence. Focus. Agility.' to the exclusion of almost everything.

Marcus is running close to taking over from Roman in terms of my favourite male character written by Jones. He's brash and self-assured, but  is also considerate and sensitive. I had some laugh-out-loud moments when he was trying to decide what to do with Miss All-Out-Badness who insisted on challenging him physically.

I like what Mrs. Jones has done with the plot twists in this novel. There are intricate threads that provide many 'aha!' moments in the story when they come together. Once you've finished this book, take my advice and pick up the next in the series, 'Release Me If You Can'.

While this is a series and I detest cliffhangers, I admire what the writer has done in terms of continuity. Although there's a kind of cliffhanger at the end of this story, the reader has the satisfaction of knowing what's happening with Marcus and Naomi before moving on to the next leg of the adventure.

Well done, Mrs. Jones. Five thumbs up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena