Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Powerful Story of Change & Healing

Having read Mirrored Hearts, I was very interested in seeing how Chandler's story would unfold. He comes across as a complex character and reading his story was like peeling back the layers on an onion and seeing what situations made him the man he became. He's a classic case of someone who has it all together, but is hiding a major case of insecurity.  I enjoyed seeing his gradual conversion and the writer did an excellent job of conveying that the struggle between our flesh and mind is real.


The characters are engaging and I liked most of them, even when Chandler was pulling back and playing the fool. And there was Kayla – a case of cuteness overload! The attraction between Chandler and Sab was well done and realistic. I admire them for their wonderful rapport and for praying together.

The writer's inclusion of the charisms as displayed in this story is a reminder that God gives gifts and when He speaks, can be taken at His word. Love the pastor and his powerful prayers and the fact that he also sees something in Chandler that he doesn't see in himself.

One particular prayer was said over Chandler that brought tears to my eyes. I think A Place For My Heart will help people who have been in similar situations to understand what is at work on a spiritual level in their lives, and that things are not always what they seem at first glance. I am hoping readers will allow the book to touch them, because there is some serious anointing in the prayers.


Overall, this is a great book. A wonderful testament that people can and do change when God enters their lives.

I bought A Place For My Heart on Amazon. 

Cover: Cute. I guess the display is all about one bruised heart and the other that's in support and helps with healing. The clouds, for me, are a reminder of the heavens. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena