Sunday, December 28, 2014

Reawakening - A Universal Story



Reawakening is the story of Brad and Stacy, who've been married since their youth, but have lost the spark in their romance. This novella appealed to me because I could relate to the main characters' history and struggle. It is a universal story - sacrifices made by parents to raise their children and love gone stale from the challenges of getting through each day.
 
The story opens on a dramatic note that gives the reader the characters' background and then moves to present day. Brad and Stacy could have been the couple next door, but what I really like about them is their unselfishness in what they do for their children and what they both gave up to raise them.

Brad is a patient and loving guy, who does an excellent job of wooing his wife. It takes Stacy a while to get with the programme, but when she does, it puts her on a path to realizing her dreams.  It's a quick read and definitely worth the time.

This is my first read by Té Russ and it won't be my last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. I love to hear what you think about the books I'm discussing.

© 2011 The Readers' Suite, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena